- Status in VT: Decreased by 47% (135 to 72 blocks). Greatest decreases in Northeastern Highlands, Northern Green Mountains, Taconic Mountains.
- Data from other research: No additional data for VT.
- Conservation status: State rank S4B; SSC; SGCN-M
- Other atlases: NY: -30%; ON: -24%
- VT’s role in North American range: VT is within the core of the range.
- Causes of change since first Atlas: Maturation of early-successional habitats.
- Management/Monitoring recommendations:Continued management for early-successional habitat.
First Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (1976-1981)
Second Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (2003 – 2007)
Change in Distribution
Encyclopedia of Life
All About Birds