- Status in VT: Decreased by 16% (170 to 142 blocks). Greatest decrease in Northeastern Highlands.
- Data from other research: No additional data for VT.
- Conservation status: State rank S5B
- Other atlases: NY: -7%; PA: <1%; MD: <1%; ON: -7%
- VT’s role in North American range: VT is within the core of the range.
- Causes of change since first Atlas: Continued decline in agricultural activities combined with regrowth of forests.
- Management/Monitoring recommendations: No specific recommendations.
First Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (1976-1981)
Second Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (2003 – 2007)
Change in Distribution
Encyclopedia of Life
All About Birds