- Status in VT: Increased by 10% (134 to 148 blocks). Greatest increase in Champlain Valley.
- Data from other research: FBMP: -7% (P < 0.01)
- Conservation status: State rank S5B
- Other atlases: NY: 39%; PA: 59%; ON: 85%
- VT’s role in North American range: VT is within the core of the range.
- Causes of change since first Atlas: Maturation of early successional forestland (particularly in former agricultural areas) (?).
- Management/Monitoring recommendations:No current recommendations.
First Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (1976-1981)
Second Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (2003 – 2007)
Change in Distribution
Encyclopedia of Life
All About Birds