- Status in VT: Increased by 10% (148 to 163 blocks). Greatest increases in Champlain Valley, Taconic Mountains, Vermont Valley.
- Data from other research: FBMP: annual decrease of 3.5%
- Conservation status: State rank S5B
- Other atlases: NY: 29%; PA: 48%; MD: 6%; ON: significant increases in most regions
- VT’s role in North American range: VT is within the core of the range.
- Causes of change since first Atlas: Forest maturation.
- Management/Monitoring recommendations:Maintain suitable breeding habitat; monitor hemlock woolly adelgid.
First Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (1976-1981)
Second Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (2003 – 2007)
Change in Distribution
Encyclopedia of Life
All About Birds