- Status in VT: Minimal change. Common and abundant during both atlases.
- Data from other research: FBMP: no sig. trend.
- Conservation status: State rank S5
- Other atlases: NY: 1%; PA: -1%; ON: increase throughout province.
- VT’s role in North American range: VT is within the core of the range.
- Causes of change since first Atlas: Continued success due to: ability to co-exist with humans; enhanced winter survival and larger clutch sizes associated with food provided by bird feeders.
- Management/Monitoring recommendations:No current recommendations.
First Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (1976-1981)
Second Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (2003 – 2007)
Change in Distribution
Encyclopedia of Life
All About Birds