- Status in VT: Decreased by 23% (134 to 103 blocks). Greatest decrease in Southern Green Mountains.
- Data from other research: FBMP: no sig. trend
- Conservation status: State rank S5B; SGCN-M
- Other atlases: NY: 4%; PA: -6%; MD: -33%; ON: 26%
- VT’s role in North American range: VT is within the core of the range.
- Causes of change since first Atlas: Forest fragmentation (?); regrowth of farmlands to forest (?).
- Management/Monitoring recommendations:Reduction in use of pesticides on insect outbreaks in breeding grounds.
First Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (1976-1981)
Second Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (2003 – 2007)
Change in Distribution
Encyclopedia of Life
All About Birds