- Status in VT: Increased by 60% (5 to 8 blocks). Greatest increase in blocks in Northeastern Highlands.
- Data from other research: No additional data for VT.
- Conservation status: State rank S2; SSC; SGCN-M
- Other atlases: NY: 11%; ON: no change.
- VT’s role in North American range: Northern Vermont is in the southeastern corner of the range.
- Causes of change since first Atlas: Maturation of forests (?); designation of no-cut softwood reserves and riparian zones (?).
- Management/Monitoring recommendations:Map areas of suitable breeding habitat; determine minimum and optimum patch size and effects of logging and development on habitat.
First Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (1976-1981)
Second Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (2003 – 2007)
Change in Distribution
Encyclopedia of Life
All About Birds