- Status in VT: Decreased by 4% (170 to 164 blocks). Greatest decreases in Green Mountains and Northeastern Highlands.
- Data from other research: FBMP: no sig. trend.
- Conservation status: State rank S5B
- Other atlases: NY: -6%; NY (Adirondacks): -28%; PA: -4%; ON: -35%
- VT’s role in North American range: VT is within the core of the range.
- Causes of change since first Atlas: loss of open foraging areas (succession of open fields to forest, development).
- Management/Monitoring recommendations: No current recommendations.
First Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (1976-1981)
Second Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (2003 – 2007)
Change in Distribution
Encyclopedia of Life
All About Birds