- Status in VT: Decreased by 46% (108 to 58 blocks). Greatest decrease in Southern Green Mountains.
- Data from other research: No additional data for VT.
- Conservation status: State rank S4B
- Other atlases: NY: -28%; PA: -35%; ON: -45%
- VT’s role in North American range: VT is within the core of the range.
- Causes of change since first Atlas: Loss of available habitat due to erosion control initiatives; loss of insect prey availability; climatic factors on wintering grounds.
- Management/Monitoring recommendations:Protection of established colonies and available habitat; study assessing the suitability of anthropogenic and natural habitats.
First Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (1976-1981)
Second Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (2003 – 2007)
Change in Distribution
Encyclopedia of Life
All About Birds