- Status in VT: Increased from 0 to 1 block. Most records occur in the Champlain Valley.
- Data from other research: No additional data for VT.
- Conservation status: State rank S1B
- Other atlases: NY: -48%
- VT’s role North American range: VT is disjunct from the core of the range.
- Causes of change since first Atlas: Changes in occurrence reflect population fluctuations in Prairie Pothole and Aspen-Parkland regions of U.S. and Canada; sporadic breeder unlikely to become established in VT.
- Management/Monitoring recommendations: No current recommendations.
First Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (1976-1981)
Encyclopedia of Life
All About Birds