- Status in VT: Decreased by 100% (1 to 0 blocks). Found only in Northeastern Highlands. Found in one block during second Atlas.
- Data from other research: No additional data for VT.
- Conservation status: State rank S1
- Other atlases: NY: -32%; ON: no change.
- VT’s role in North American range: VT is at the southeastern edge of the range.
- Causes of change since first Atlas: Minimal change. Potential threats: destruction of boreal habitat due to climate change.
- Management/Monitoring recommendations:Protection of boreal habitat.
First Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (1976-1981)
Second Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (2003 – 2007)
Change in Distribution
Encyclopedia of Life
All About Birds