- Status in VT: Increased by 2% (169 to 173 blocks). Increases ranging from 3% to 6% occurred in Northern Vermont Piedmont, Southern Green Mountains, and Northern Green Mountains.
- Data from other research: No additional data in VT.
- Conservation status: State rank S5B; S5N
- Other atlases: Slight but non-sig. increases in MD, NY, and PA; ON showed expansion into northern part of range.
- VT’s role North American range: VT is within the core of the range.
- Causes of change since first Atlas: Ability to use habitat and resources available in urban centers and suburbs (see pdf).
- Management/Monitoring recommendations:West Nile virus has the potential to reduce local populations
First Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (1976-1981)
Second Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (2003 – 2007)
Change in Distribution
Encyclopedia of Life
All About Birds