- Status in VT: Increased by 31% (115 to 151 blocks). Greatest increases in Taconic Mountains.
- Data from other research: No additional data for VT.
- Conservation status: State rank S5B
- Other atlases: NY: 45%; PA: 163%; MD: 36%; ON: 26%
- VT’s role in North American range: VT is within the core of the range.
- Causes of change since first Atlas: Plentiful habitat including shrubbery alongside established roadsides; recovery of riparian habitats adjacent to former pasturelands.
- Management/Monitoring recommendations: No current recommendations.
First Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (1976-1981)
Second Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (2003 – 2007)
Change in Distribution
Encyclopedia of Life
All About Birds