- Status in VT: Increased by 15% (113 to 130 blocks). Greatest increase in Southern Vermont Piedmont.
- Data from other research: No additional data for VT.
- Conservation status: State rank S5B
- Other atlases: PA: 26%
- VT’s role in North American range: VT is within the core of the range.
- Causes of change since first Atlas: Uses a diversity of grassland habitats; high survival rates; persistent (females re-nest on day 1 following mowing).
- Management/Monitoring recommendations: The Grassland Reserve Program provides guidelines for private landowners to manage for grassland birds.
First Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (1976-1981)
Second Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (2003 – 2007)
Change in Distribution
Encyclopedia of Life
All About Birds