- Status in VT: Decreased by 8% (140 to 129 blocks). Greatest decrease in Northeastern Highlands, Northern Green Mountains, Southern Green Mountains.
- Data from other research: No additional data for VT.
- Conservation status: State rank S3S4B; S5N
- Other atlases: NY: 6%; MD: 26%; PA: 13%; ON: decreasing;
- VT’s role in North American range: VT is within the core of the range.
- Causes of change since first Atlas: Minimal change; decreases at higher elevations perhaps associated with succession of open fields and grassy areas to forest.
- Management/Monitoring recommendations:No current recommendations.
First Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (1976-1981)
Second Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (2003 – 2007)
Change in Distribution
Encyclopedia of Life
All About Birds