- Status in VT: Decreased by 5% (124 to 118 blocks). Greatest decrease in Southern Vermont Piedmont (38%).
- Data from other research: No additional data for VT.
- Conservation status: State rank S5B
- Other atlases: NY: -7%; PA: -2%; ON: 50%
- VT’s role in North American range: VT is within the core of the eastern breeding range.
- Causes of change since first Atlas: Maturation of forests from secondary growth (?).
- Management/Monitoring recommendations:No current recommendations.
First Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (1976-1981)
Second Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (2003 – 2007)
Change in Distribution
Encyclopedia of Life
All About Birds