- Status in VT: Increased by 243% (14 to 48 blocks). Greatest increase in Southern Vermont Piedmont.
- Data from other research: No additional data for VT.
- Conservation status: State rank S3B; S3N; SGCN-M
- Other atlases: NY: 146%; PA: 46%; MD: 226%; ON: tenfold increase in southern portions of the province.
- VT’s role in North American range: VT is in the northeastern portion of the range.
- Causes of change since first Atlas: Ban on the use of DDT; adaptability to urban environments.
- Management/Monitoring recommendations:No current recommendations.
First Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (1976-1981)
Second Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (2003 – 2007)
Change in Distribution
Encyclopedia of Life
All About Birds