- Status in VT: Increased by 21% (14 to 17 blocks). Greatest increases in Southern Vermont Piedmont.
- Data from other research: No additional data in VT.
- Conservation status: State rank S3B
- Other atlases: NY: 19%; PA: 14%; ON: 48%
- VT’s role in North American range: VT is within the core of the range.
- Causes of change since first Atlas: Warming climate (?); forest maturation (?).
- Management/Monitoring recommendations: No specific recommendations.
First Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (1976-1981)
Second Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (2003 – 2007)
Change in Distribution
Encyclopedia of Life
All About Birds