- Status in VT: Increased by 8% (156 to 169 blocks). Increases throughout the state.
- Data from other research: FBMP: Significant annual increase (P = 0.04)
- Conservation status: State rank S5B
- Other atlases: NY: 52%; PA: 101%; ON: no sig. change.
- VT’s role in North American range: VT is within the core of the range.
- Causes of change since first Atlas: Increase in mid-successional habitat due to continued regrowth on former agricultural lands (?).
- Management/Monitoring recommendations:No current recommendations.
First Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (1976-1981)
Second Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (2003 – 2007)
Change in Distribution
Encyclopedia of Life
All About Birds