- Status in VT: Increased by 2% (166 to 169 blocks). Greatest increase in Vermont Valley.
- Data from other research: No additional data for VT.
- Conservation status: State rank S5B.
- Other atlases: NY: 21%; PA: 11%; ON: 20%.
- VT’s role in North American range: VT is within the core of the range.
- Causes of change since first Atlas: Unknown.
- Management/Monitoring recommendations:Purchase coffee discerningly; on wintering grounds, shade-grown coffee plantations support higher numbers of Ruby-throated Hummingbirds compared to sun coffee plantations.
First Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (1976-1981)
Second Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (2003 – 2007)
Change in Distribution
Encyclopedia of Life
All About Birds