- Status in VT: Decreased by 4% (179 to 171 blocks).
- Data from other research: FBMP: No sig. trend.
- Conservation status: State rank S5B
- Other atlases: NY: -6%; PA: 13%; ON: -8%
- VT’s role in North American range: VT is within the core of the range.
- Causes of change since first Atlas: Increase in canopy closure and shading of understory due to maturation of secondary forests (?).
- Management/Monitoring recommendations:Selective cutting of larger patches of forests in order to open the canopy and increase understory density.
First Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (1976-1981)
Second Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (2003 – 2007)
Change in Distribution
Encyclopedia of Life
All About Birds