- Status in VT: Increased by 200% (0 to 2 blocks). Increase in Northeastern Highlands.
- Data from other research: No additional data for VT.
- Conservation status: State rank S1B
- Other atlases: NY: 4,300%; ON: 74%
- VT’s role in North American range: VT is south of the core of the range.
- Causes of change since first Atlas: Extensive timber harvesting in northern Maine resulted in increased populations and dispersal, leading to westward expansion (?).
- Management/Monitoring recommendations: Research is needed on habitat requirements and reproductive success.
First Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (1976-1981)
No Species Account Available
Second Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (2003 – 2007)
Change in Distribution
Encyclopedia of Life
All About Birds