- Status in VT: Increased by 1% (171 to 172 blocks). Greatest increase in the Taconic Mountains.
- Data from other research: FMBP: annual decline of 9.5%
- Conservation status: State rank S5B
- Other atlases: NY: -4%; PA: -10%; MD: -10%; ON: little change
- VT’s role in North American range: VT is within the core of the range.
- Causes of change since first Atlas: Minimal change; woodland maturation and disturbance of forest structure by deer browsing could be problematic.
- Management/Monitoring recommendations: Monitor for future changes in response to rangewide declines revealed by BBS data.
First Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (1976-1981)
Second Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (2003 – 2007)
Change in Distribution
Encyclopedia of Life
All About Birds