- Status in VT: Increased by 28% (88 to 113 blocks). Greatest increase in blocks in Champlain Valley.
- Data from other research: No additional data for VT.
- Conservation status: State rank S3S4B; SGCN-M
- Other atlases: NY: 20%; PA: 28%; ON: -22%
- VT’s role in North American range: VT is within the core of the range.
- Causes of change since first Atlas: Unknown.
- Management/Monitoring recommendations:Protection of colonies from disturbance during breeding period.
First Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (1976-1981)
Second Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (2003 – 2007)
Change in Distribution
Encyclopedia of Life
All About Birds