- Status in VT: Increased by 2% (171 to 175 blocks). Greatest increases in Northern Green Mountains.
- Data from other research: FBMP: no sig. trend; CBC: no change.
- Conservation status: State rank S5
- Other atlases: MD, NY, ON, PA: non-significant change
- VT’s role in North American range: VT is within the core of the range.
- Causes of change since first Atlas: No change documented, but could potentially decline as forests mature.
- Management/Monitoring recommendations:No specific recommendations.
First Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (1976-1981)
Second Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (2003 – 2007)
Change in Distribution
Encyclopedia of Life
All About Birds