- Status in VT: No change. Continues to be common throughout Vermont.
- Data from other research: FBMP: 6.7% (P = 0.10)
- Conservation status: State rank S5B
- Other atlases: NY: -1%; PA: 9%; ON: 21%
- VT’s role in North American range: VT is within the core of the range.
- Causes of change since first Atlas: No change. Possible threats: forest fragmentation from roads, suburban sprawl, and cleared rights-of-way.
- Management/Monitoring recommendations:No current recommendations.
First Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (1976-1981)
Second Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (2003 – 2007)
Change in Distribution
Encyclopedia of Life
All About Birds