- Status in VT: Increased by 36% (95 to 129 blocks). Greatest increase in Taconic Mountains.
- Data from other research: No additional data for VT.
- Conservation status: State rank S4
- Other atlases: NY: 43%; PA: 18%; ON: substantial increase.
- VT’s role in North American range: VT is within the core of the range.
- Causes of change since first Atlas: Forest maturation resulting in increased nesting habitat.
- Management/Monitoring recommendations: Lengthening of timber rotations; maintenance of natural forest age structures; retention of snags and mature trees.
First Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (1976-1981)
Second Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (2003 – 2007)
Change in Distribution
Encyclopedia of Life
All About Birds