- Status in VT: Decreased by 6% (178 to 167 blocks). Greatest decrease in Taconic Mountains and Northeastern Highlands.
- Data from other research: No additional data for VT.
- Conservation status: State rank S5B; S5N
- Other atlases: NY, PA, MD: virtually no change; ON: sig. increase in north.
- VT’s role in North American range: VT is within the core of the range.
- Causes of change since first Atlas: Minimal change.
- Management/Monitoring recommendations: No specific recommendations.
First Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (1976-1981)
Second Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (2003 – 2007)
Change in Distribution
Encyclopedia of Life
All About Birds