- Status in VT: Increased by 87% (62 to 116 blocks). Greatest increase in Northern Green Mountains.
- Data from other research: No additional data for VT.
- Conservation status: State rank S4B
- Other atlases: NY: 45%; PA: 27%; ON: 50%
- VT’s role in North American range: VT is within the northeastern edge of the range.
- Causes of change since first Atlas: Continued maturation of forests; protection of wetland habitats from pollutants and siltation; expansion of beaver populations.
- Management/Monitoring recommendations: No current recommendations.
First Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (1976-1981)
Second Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (2003 – 2007)
Change in Distribution
Encyclopedia of Life
All About Birds