- Status in VT: Increased by 22% (86 to 105 blocks). Greatest increase in Southern Green Mountains.
- Data from other research: No additional data for VT.
- Conservation status: State rank S5B
- Other atlases: NY: 2%; PA: -8%
- VT’s role in North American range: VT is within the core of the range.
- Causes of change since first Atlas: Unknown.
- Management/Monitoring recommendations:No current recommendations. Potential to regulate populations through harvest limits on wintering grounds.
First Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (1976-1981)
Second Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (2003 – 2007)
Change in Distribution
Encyclopedia of Life
All About Birds