- Status in VT: Decreased by 1% (176 to 174 blocks). Decreases in Champlain Valley and Southern Vermont Piedmont.
- Data from other research: No additional data for VT.
- Conservation status: State rank S5B; SGCN-M
- Other atlases: NY: -2%; PA: 10%; MD: -5% ON: slight overall decline.
- VT’s role in North American range: VT is within the core of the range.
- Causes of change since first Atlas:Minimal/no change. Maturation of forests could result in less suitable interior forest habitat (?).
- Management/Monitoring recommendations: No current recommendations.
First Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (1976-1981)
Second Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (2003 – 2007)
Change in Distribution
Encyclopedia of Life
All About Birds