- Status in VT: Decreased by 29% (122 to 87 blocks). Greatest decreases in Northern Vermont Piedmont and Northeastern Highlands.
- Data from other research: No additional data for VT.
- Conservation status: State rank S5B
- Other atlases: NY: -12%; ON: declining
- VT’s role in North American range: VT is within the core of the range.
- Causes of change since first Atlas: Unclear.
- Management/Monitoring recommendations: Targeted monitoring to begin to determine cause of decline.
First Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (1976-1981)
Second Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (2003 – 2007)
Change in Distribution
Encyclopedia of Life
All About Birds