- Status in VT: Increased by 200% (1 to 3 blocks). Increase occurred in the Champlain Valley.
- Data from other research: No additional data for VT.
- Conservation status: State rank S1B
- Other atlases: NY: 43%; ON: no sig. change
- VT’s role in North American range: VT is at the extreme southeastern edge of the range.
- Causes of change since first Atlas: Unknown. Boreal species with sporadic nesting.
- Management/Monitoring recommendations:No current recommendations.
First Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (1976-1981)
Second Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (2003 – 2007)
Change in Distribution
Encyclopedia of Life
All About Birds