- Status in VT: Increased by 1800% (0 to 18 blocks). Greatest increase in Champlain Valley.
- Data from other research: No additional data for VT.
- Conservation status: State rank S3
- Other atlases: NY: 123%; PA: 86%; ON: 250%
- VT’s role in North American range: VT has not traditionally been a part of the range. Range gradually expanding northward into VT since the 1970s.
- Causes of change since first Atlas: Feeders improving overwinter survival and reproductive success at the northern edge of their range (?).
- Management/Monitoring recommendations:No current recommendations.
First Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (1976-1981)
No Species Account Available
Second Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (2003 – 2007)
Change in Distribution
Encyclopedia of Life
All About Birds