- Status in VT: Increased by 75% (4 to 7 blocks). Greatest increase in Champlain Valley.
- Data from other research: No additional data for VT.
- Conservation status: State rank S3B; SSC; SGCN-M
- Other atlases: NY: northward expansion
- VT’s role in North American range: VT is at the northern edge of the range.
- Causes of change since first Atlas: Unclear; regional decline due to habitat loss through natural succession of shrubland.
- Management/Monitoring recommendations:Maintain early-successional habitat through mowing and prescribed burning, especially in powerline corridors.
First Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (1976-1981)
Second Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (2003 – 2007)
Change in Distribution
Encyclopedia of Life
All About Birds