- Status in VT: Increased by 9% (140 to 153 blocks). Greatest increase of occupied blocks in Northeastern Highlands.
- Data from other research: FBMP: no sig. trend.
- Conservation status: State rank S5
- Other atlases: NY: 29%; PA: 38%; MD: 34%
- VT’s role in North American range: VT is within the core of the range.
- Causes of change since first Atlas: Continued succession of farmland to forest.
- Management/Monitoring recommendations:No current recommendations.
First Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (1976-1981)
Second Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (2003 – 2007)
Change in Distribution
Encyclopedia of Life
All About Birds