- Status in VT: Very rare breeder. One Probable during first Atlas. Three Probables during second Atlas.
- Data from other research: No additional data for VT.
- Conservation status: State rank SNA
- Other atlases: NY: 32%; PA: possibly extirpated;ON: non-sig. increase
- VT’s role in North American range: VT is disjunct from the main breeding range.
- Causes of change since first Atlas: Minimal change.
- Management/Monitoring recommendations:No current recommendations.
First Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (1976-1981)
Second Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (2003 – 2007)
Change in Distribution
Encyclopedia of Life
All About Birds