- Status in VT: Increased by 24% (62 to 77 blocks). Greatest increase in Southern Vermont Piedmont.
- Data from other research: No additional data for VT.
- Conservation status: State rank S4B
- Other atlases: NY: 51%; PA: 122%; ON: sig. increase in province as a whole, especially in Northern and Southern Shield.
- VT’s role in North American range: VT is within the core of the range.
- Causes of change since first Atlas: Forest maturation and/or reduction in air pollution may have led to increase in nest substrate (epiphytic lichens) (?).
- Management/Monitoring recommendations:No current recommendations.
First Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (1976-1981)
Second Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (2003 – 2007)
Change in Distribution
Encyclopedia of Life
All About Birds