- Status in VT: Increased by 91% (22 to 42 blocks). Greatest increases in Northern Green Mountains and Vermont Valley.
- Data from other research: No additional data for VT.
- Conservation status: State rank S3B; SSC; SGCN-H
- Other atlases: NY: -1%; PA: -40%
- VT’s role in North American range: VT is within the core of the range.
- Causes of change since first Atlas: Unknown. Typical threats remaining range-wide are habitat loss from wetland destruction, grassland development, and conversion to forest.
- Management/Monitoring recommendations: Delay mowing and grazing of wet hayfields, pastures, and wetlands until after 1 August.
First Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (1976-1981)
Second Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (2003 – 2007)
Change in Distribution
Encyclopedia of Life
All About Birds