- Status in VT: Increased by 1,200% (0 to 12 blocks). Greatest increases in Champlain Valley.
- Data from other research: No additional data for VT.
- Conservation status: State rank S2B
- Other atlases: NY: 1,400%; ON: 100%
- VT’s role in North American range: VT is at the southern edge of the range.
- Causes of change since first Atlas:Discontinuation of DDT use, which interfered with reproduction; ability to nest in urban to remote habitats that provide a sufficient prey base and large trees for nesting.
- Management/Monitoring recommendations: No specific recommendations.
First Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (1976-1981)
Species Account Not Available
Second Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (2003 – 2007)
Change in Distribution
Encyclopedia of Life
All About Birds