- Status in VT: Decreased by 9% (129 to 118 blocks). Greatest decrease in Southern Vermont Piedmont.
- Data from other research: No additional data for VT.
- Conservation status: State rank S5B
- Other atlases: NY: 26%; PA: 83%; ON: increase in all portions of province
- VT’s role in North American range: VT is within the core of the range.
- Causes of change since first Atlas: Maturation of early successional coniferous and mixed communities to northern hardwoods (?).
- Management/Monitoring recommendations:No current recommendations.
First Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (1976-1981)
Second Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (2003 – 2007)
Change in Distribution
Encyclopedia of Life
All About Birds