- Status in VT: No change.
- Data from other research: No additional data for VT.
- Conservation status: State rank S2B; SSC; SGCN-H
- Other atlases: NY: -9%; PA: -10%; ON: no sig. change
- VT’s role in North American range: VT is within the northeastern edge of the range.
- Causes of change since first Atlas: No change. Potential threats: invasive plants (?); factors during migration or winter (?).
- Management/Monitoring recommendations: Protection of wetlands from invasive plants; biological control (e.g., beetle releases) of invasive plants; implementation of thorough surveys with standardized protocols.
First Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (1976-1981)
Second Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (2003 – 2007)
Change in Distribution
Encyclopedia of Life
All About Birds