- Status in VT: Decreased by 2% (122 to 120 blocks). Decreased by 22% in Northern Green Mountains. Small decreases in Southern Green Mountains and Southern Vermont Piedmont.
- Data from other research: No additional data for VT.
- Conservation status: State rank S5B
- Other atlases: NY: -3%; MD: 3%; ON and PA: no significant change
- VT’s role in North American range: VT is within the core of the range.
- Causes of change since first Atlas: Short-term population fluctuation due to severe weather conditions on wintering grounds (?); West Nile Virus (?).
- Management/Monitoring recommendations:No current recommendations.
First Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (1976-1981)
Second Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (2003 – 2007)
Change in Distribution
Encyclopedia of Life
All About Birds