- Status in VT: Increased by 5% (167 to 176 blocks). Greatest increase in Northern Green Mountains.
- Data from other research: FBMP: annual decline of 0.8%.
- Conservation status: State rank S5
- Other atlases: NY: no change; PA: 16%; MD: 10%; ON: little change
- VT’s role in North American range: VT is within the core of the range.
- Causes of change since first Atlas: Minimal change; benefits from regrowth and maturation of forests.
- Management/Monitoring recommendations: No specific recommendations.
First Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (1976-1981)
Second Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (2003 – 2007)
Change in Distribution
Encyclopedia of Life
All About Birds