- Status in VT: Decreased by 5% (153 to 146 blocks). Greatest decrease in Northeastern Highlands.
- Data from other research: FBMP: no sig. trend
- Conservation status: State rank S5B
- Other atlases: NY: -3%; PA: 3%; ON: -8%
- VT’s role in North American range: VT is within the core of the range.
- Causes of change since first Atlas: Reduction of edge habitat due to forest maturation and decreased logging (?).
- Management/Monitoring recommendations:No current recommendations.
First Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (1976-1981)
Second Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (2003 – 2007)
Change in Distribution
Encyclopedia of Life
All About Birds