- Status in VT: Decreased by 4% (174 to 167 blocks). Greatest decrease in Northeastern Highlands.
- Data from other research: No additional data for VT.
- Conservation status: State rank S5B
- Other atlases: NY: -7%; PA: 1%; ON: reduced numbers in all regions
- VT’s role in North American range: VT is within the core of the range.
- Causes of change since first Atlas: Farm abandonment and loss of open fields (?).
- Management/Monitoring recommendations: No current recommendations.
First Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (1976-1981)
Second Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (2003 – 2007)
Change in Distribution
Encyclopedia of Life
All About Birds