- Status in VT: Increased by 33% (92 to 122 blocks). Greatest increase in Northern Green Mountains.
- Data from other research: No additional data for VT.
- Conservation status: State rank S5B; S3N
- Other atlases: NY: 50%; PA: 9%; MD: 14%; ON: Increase
- VT’s role in North American range: VT is within the core of the range.
- Causes of change since first Atlas: Nest boxes and “nest box trails” created to maximize appeal to Eastern Bluebird and discourage competitors.
- Management/Monitoring recommendations: No current recommendations.
First Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (1976-1981)
Second Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (2003 – 2007)
Change in Distribution
Encyclopedia of Life
All About Birds