- Status in VT: Increased by 4% (169 to 175 blocks). Greatest increase in Northeastern Highlands.
- Data from other research: No additional data for VT.
- Conservation status: State rank S5B
- Other atlases: MD and PA: 3% or less; NY and ON: no change
- VT’s role in North American range: VT is within the core of the range.
- Causes of change since first Atlas: Increased availability of suburban habitat.
- Management/Monitoring recommendations: No specific recommendations.
First Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (1976-1981)
Second Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (2003 – 2007)
Change in Distribution
Encyclopedia of Life
All About Birds