- Status in VT: Increased by 9% (126 to 137 blocks). Greatest increase in Northern Green Mountains.
- Data from other research: No additional data for VT.
- Conservation status: State rank S4B
- Other atlases: NY: 1%; PA: -16%; MD: -45%
- VT’s role in North American range: VT is within the core of the range.
- Causes of change since first Atlas: Unknown. Potential threats: habitat loss, shooting, and use of pesticides on wintering grounds. Urbanization and home development resulting in loss of forest tracts in Vermont.
- Management/Monitoring recommendations:No current recommendations.
First Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (1976-1981)
Second Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (2003 – 2007)
Change in Distribution
Encyclopedia of Life
All About Birds