- Status in VT: Decreased by 22% (9 to 7 blocks). Greatest changes in Northeastern Highlands, Taconic Mountains (each +100%), and Southern Green Mountains (-100%). Increased by 167% in total records.
- Data from other research: MBW data indicate no statistical trend in Green Mountains.
- Conservation status: State rank S2B; SGCN-H; SSC
- Other atlases: NY: 46%
- VT’s role in North American range: VT is at the southern edge of the range.
- Causes of change since first Atlas: Minimal change in distribution; increase in records likely the result of increased attention upon designation as a distinct species and to Mountain Birdwatch monitoring.
- Management/Monitoring recommendations: See conservation action plan.
First Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (1976-1981)
Second Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (2003 – 2007)
Change in Distribution
Encyclopedia of Life
All About Birds